Saturday, February 13, 2010

No So 17...

I need to rant for just a minute!  I am spending my Saturday curled up on a leather sofa at Tully's Cafe in the Pacific Northwest.  I was relaxed and content....until a moment ago.  A middle aged woman and her mother came in with 2 girls both around the age of 9.  The moms sit down with their coffee and tell their girls to sit down beside me in the adjoining leather chairs.  The moms are happily gabbing away and the girls are reading a magazine they brought along with them.  Reading....great!!  I glanced over... 17 Magazine??  I know this magazine is geared for teens.  OK.  This girl is not over the age of 10.  The article she is reading at present? "How To Make Yourself Look HOT!!"  

*BLINK*

And we are wondering why we are growing up immodest, insecure little girls instead of women?

*Off my soapbox*

No comments:

Post a Comment